Saturday, February 2, 2008

Indeed, I'm Wonderfully Blessed

Hey people! If you were reading my older posts, you should have read bout the incident where I pulled out of Grease Musical because of my final exams clashing with the performance. So, I pulled out and Miss Wong told me to help them in the voice recording for the musical. I decided to help out since I'll only have to go for practice twice a week for 2 hours. So, I went for the voice audition to let them pick who will be singing which role in the musical.
I arrived early in college for the voice audition. So, I went to the hall to watch the others practice their dancing in Grease. Then, Xavier, the director for the musical came up to me. He asked me if I would be a part of his production in an upcoming play in June! I was sooooo shocked and excited!! I would be playing the role of Ela in Charlie's Aunty. It's a comedy and it's super funny! I read the script in the car and was laughing my ass off! Then, I went to Room 1.10 for voice audition.
I opened the door, and... i saw... Juwita Suwito!!! I was soooooo shocked!! Kinda star-struck too.. I have her albums and almost memorized the songs in her first album. Gee, it was sooo unexpected! So, I went in as calmly as possible and acted like everything was normal, I seriously felt like jumping up and down that moment..lol.. So, I sat down and they started the audition. Everyone sang a song of their own and Juwita and a few of her friends carefully picked a role for each of us. I got the role of Sandy and will be singing, Summer Nights and Hopelessly Devoted To You, by Olivia Newton John!! Gee, the songs are so hard but I'll try.
After the audition, my brother came to pick me up. Once I entered the car, I just thanked God for everything!! A few days ago, everything seems to be going down with me pulling out of the musical and stuff. Now, everything's so wonderful!! I cried tears of joy when I thanked God for his blessings in my life. Hallelujah!!
The voice recording started on Thursday and ended on Friday!! It was sooooo fun!! I get to see all the devices they use and get a glimpse of how recording a song looks like. I had fun singing and can't wait to get a copy of the CD!! Well, I gotta go now.. Kinda groggy now..So, can't think well... I'll update soon about my print advertisement!!

No comments: