Monday, October 5, 2009

~Back from Hibernation~ *haha


I've not been blogging for............................ 6 months!! woooooooot!! who's the lazy person here? YOU!! ha ha. Anyway, I've decided to blog today because I've some free time in the office. For those who do not know, I'm currently doing my internship at an event company for 2 months. I'll be ending my internship the end of this month if everything goes well. As for what I'l'l do after? I'm honestly not sure, I might continue working or I've to take some time off to go university scouting for degree.

I've lots of things that I didn't blog about for the past 6 months but I think that'll be old news if I blog bout it now. So, from now on, I'll just blog about wat's happening this month and the months after, hopefully I won't get the lazy spell again.. =_='

Interning is an eye-opening experience. I've truly enjoyed it during my first month. I would say that amongst all the fields in Mass Communications, event management is my cup of tea. I've personally not tried the other fields like broadcasting, journalism, and etc. However, imagining me as a person handling the camera and writing creative articles is quite depressing. As you can see, my writing isn't that creative for a journalist. Ha ha.

I've received advice from my supervisor and some counsellors that doing a degree in events management is quite useless because what they truly see isn't your certificate but your experience. I truly agree. Hence, it's much wiser to do a general degree in Mass Communications. However, I can't help but wonder if I'll be able to cope with studying degree and working part-time in an event company because I truly love doing events.

Stopping work entirely would just mean that I've to start work over again after my degree. That's not a really good thought because I would be rusty in the events field and lose out on my contacts in the event circle. Keeping in touch with clients and my colleagues and having a good relationship with them helps me get better and learn more useful things about event planning. Oh well, getting a degree is important for my future, I'll just go with the flow then =(

Interning now does not give me any time to go uni scouting. I barely have any idea where I wanna go for my degree. Sigh. It's horrible not knowing what's in store for your future. Maybe, just maybe, I'll enjoy working in a radio station, or a tv station, just pray and hope that the opportunity comes at the right time.

Okies, enough of the emo-ish talk. I kinda miss my dog, CoCo, now, so I'll show you her cutest pictures!!! ha ha ha.. she has nothing to do with my blog post but she's sure a cutie to look at!


Toodles! ^^

No comments: